The Crystal Lake Park District Police Department
The purpose of the Crystal Lake Park District Police Department is to serve Crystal Lake Park District residents and park users by providing visitor and natural resource protection at all Park District properties. Central to fulfilling this mission is the adherence to the following principles:
- Treat all people with courtesy and respect.
- Work to anticipate and prevent problems.
- Enforce the laws and ordinances of the Crystal Lake Park District and the State of Illinois.
Crystal Lake Park District Police News
Reminder about Dogs in Parks
Because of the increasing number of complaints in the past year, the Crystal Lake Park District Police would like to remind park users that it is a park district, county and city ordinance that all dogs must be on leash. Violations of this ordinance could result in a $50 fine.
- Dogs and cats only are permitted in the park areas when kept on a leash.
- Dogs and cats are not allowed within playground borders or areas as otherwise marked.
- All other animals, including horses, are prohibited unless authorized by the Park Board of Commissioners.
- The person escorting the animal into the park area is responsible to remove any defecation created by that animal.
- Animals are prohibited at Main Beach and West Beach.