Park Rules & Regulations
The Crystal Lake Park District’s full-time, year-round park police department works closely with the Crystal Lake and Village of Lakewood Police to keep parks and facilities safe. We need your help in protecting these properties.
If at any time you see suspicious activities, call 459-0680. After business hours, call the Crystal Lake Police Department, 815-455-2313, to report any problems. Our officer will receive a radio message and will handle the situation.
Click here to go directly to a specific rules or regulation:
Parks are open Dawn-Dusk. Park District facilities have posted hours of operation. Contact or visit the facility webpage to confirm hours of operation.
In connection with any Park or Property of the District:
- No Person shall be allowed on Park Property between Dusk
and Dawn, unless otherwise authorized by the Director or when
attending an authorized meeting or activity being held in a
- No person shall be allowed at any time, for any reason, on any Park site or Property that is declared closed by the Director or their designate.
- Dogs and cats only are permitted at park areas when kept on a physical leash or tether being held by the animal’s owner (excluding the dog park).
- Dogs and cats are not allowed within playground borders or areas as otherwise marked.
- All other animals, including horses, are prohibited unless authorized by the Park Board of Commissioners.
- The person bringing the animal into the park area is responsible for removal of any defecation created by that animal.
- Animals are prohibited at Main Beach and West Beach.
A. It shall be unlawful on any Park District property for any person to park any vehicle except within designated parking areas.
B. Except when and where permitted by special Park District programs, it shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle on Park District property as follows:
1. upon grassy areas;
2. where official signs prohibit such parking;
3. so as to block completely, or in part, any entrance, exit or driveway; ($50/$75)
4. in any manner so as to disrupt or block normal traffic movement;
5. in any manner so as to encroach upon more than one parking place;
6. from dusk until dawn unless prior approval is granted, or the person is attending an approved Park District program;
in any manner so as to block a designated fire lane ($100/$150)
in the Administrative Office parking lot for purposes other than Park District business, rentals or programs.
C. General parking restrictions shall not apply to authorized vehicles, or emergency vehickles of any agency in the performance of its duties
No person shall upon or in connection with any Crystal Lake Park District property:
OFFERING ARTICLES FOR SALE OR RAISING FUNDS $75/$100
No person shall offer or exchange for sale any article or thing, or do any hawking, peddling, or soliciting, or solicit or receive contributions of money or anything of value upon Park District property, unless authorized by the Park Board.
A. The erection or maintenance of any sign, bill, poster, placard, or card; or the distributing of any advertising matter by handbills, or otherwise, except signs posted by the Park District, is prohibited upon Park District property unless authorized by the Park Board or its agent.
B. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph A., handbills may be distributed on Election Day only, at authorized polling places on Park District property when the person responsible complies with applicable Illinois State law for such distribution and cleans
11.23 USE OF ALCOHOLIC DRINKS (Revised 11-19-01) $75/$100
Beer and wine are permitted at Main and West Beach in the picnic areas only; the Racket Club during special programs; and the Rotary Building as approved by the Executive Director. Beer and wine may be consumed at Veteran Acres when approved as part of a picnic or shelter reservation or permit. Beer and wine may be consumed at Lippold Park when purchased from Park District vending only; and beer, wine and mixed drinks may be consumed at Park Place when purchased from Park District vending only and in compliance with City and State licenses. Consumption of alcohol in other individual programs and buildings must each be approved by the Executive Director. The Park District reserves the right to prohibit alcohol in any/all parks/buildings at any time it deems necessary.
11.24 UNDERAGE POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL $100/$150
1. No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall purchase, possess, consume, be under the affects of, or transport any alcoholic beverage on Park District property.
2. No person shall give, provide, sell or offer any alcoholic beverage to any person under the age of 21 years old on park property. $200/$250
11.25 UNDERAGE TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SMOKE FREE ILLINOIS ACT $100/$250
A. Unlawful: No person under the age of 18 shall purchase, accept, possess or consume any cigar, cigarette, smokeless tobacco or tobacco in any of its forms.
B. Furnishing Tobacco: No person shall sell, buy for, distribute samples of or furnish any cigar, cigarette, smokeless tobacco in any of its forms, to any person under the age of 18.
C. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette, or pipe within a designated “NO SMOKING” area or if not marked, a minimum of 15 feet of any building entrance, exit, window that is open, or ventilation intake that serves an enclosed area where smoking is prohibited in violation of the “Smoke Free Illinois Act” 410 ILCS 82/1, et seq., as may be amended from time to time.
D. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette, or pipe on or within any building located on Park District Property in violation of the “Smoke Free Illinois Act” 410 ILCS 82/1, et seq., as may be amended from time to time.
E. No person shall smoke any cigar, cigarette or pipe within the fenced in property commonly referred to as Main Beach or West Beach.
Crystal Lake Park District Fishing Ordinance 11.17 Fine $50/$75 per fish
Wading into any park district body of water, other than Crystal Lake, to fish is prohibited. Fishing is allowed from shore or from piers installed for that purpose.
A. All Illinois Department of Natural Resources Fishing Regulations will be enforced.
B. Crystal Lake Park District (Crystal Lake and Park District Ponds)
|All Fish||3 Poles and Line Fishing Only|
|Channel Catfish||6 Fish Daily Creel Limit`|
|Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass||18" Minimum Length, 1 Fish Daily Creek Limit|
|Walleye Pike||18" Minimum Length, 2 Fish Daily Creel Limit|
|Northern Pike||24" Minimum Length, 2 Fish Daily Creel Limit|
|Muskellunge||48" Minimum Length, 1 Fish Daily Creel Limit|
|Bluegill or Red Ear Sunfish||15 Fish in Total Daily Limit|
|Crappie-White or Black||15 Fish in Total Daily Limit|
|Yellow Perch||15 Fish in Total Daily Limit|
C. All fish caught must be taken or released unharmed and in live condition subject to the provisions of this setion.
D. Each fish is a separate violation.
E. This Fishing Ordinance will be enforced on all Park District bodies of water, including but not limited to:
- Crystal Lake
- Woodscreek Park
- Four Colonies Park
- Veteran Acres Park
- Lippold Park
- Sterne's Woods and Fen
- Winding Creek Park
- Willows Edge Park (both ponds)
- Prairie Ridge Conservation Area