300 Lake Shore Drive, Crystal Lake
2330 Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake
Pre- Season Hours:**
Weekdays: May 26, 27, 28, 29 and June 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Weekends: May 30, 31 and June 6, 7
Summer Season Hours:**
Post- Season Hours:**
Labor Day Weekend: Sept 5, 6, 7
Swimming Lessons and Lifeguard Training
During the summer season, the Crystal Lake Park District offers Private Swim Lessons, Group Swim Lessons and LIfeguard Trainin. Click here to view swim lesson information and Lifeguard Training information in the summer brochure.
Special Event Dates:
Admission: $3/person, free parking
Regular admission until 2:30 pm, starting at 2:30 pm: $3/person (under 3 years and over 60 years FREE)
Regular admission until 3 pm, starting at 3 pm FREE (courtesy of Black Diamond)
2015 Daily Beach Fees- Resident
Resident Daily Admission
|Vehicles entering Main Beach MUST have a current vehicle sticker attached to the windshield or the non-resident daily parking fee will be charged. City of Crystal Lake, Lakewood and the Park District stickers are accepted.||
|Those that live in unincorporated Crystal Lake, but are considered Crystal Lake Park District Residents can purchase a vehicle sticker||
January 5-April 30: FREE
As of May 1:
Park District residents & guests
(up to 4 guests per family)
(above the 4 guest maximum)
|$4 per guest|
Park District resident senior citizen
(ages 60 & older)
Park District resident child
(ages 3 & under)
(begins at 5 PM)
2015 Resident Season Beach Pass
Beach Passes are for beach use only and do not include the boat launch, boat rental, program or special event privileges. Beach Passes do not include entrance of guests. Vehicle sticker is included with beach pass for unincorporated Park District residents (maximum 1 per individual pass or 2 per family pass). Beach Passes are available at the Administration Office or at Main and West Beaches during summer operating hours.
Resident Season Beach Pass
Resident Individual Season Beach Pass
Resident Family Season Beach Pass
$10/1st family member
$5/ea. addtl. family member
|Resident Season Beach Pass replacement||$5|
2015 Daily Beach Fees- Non-Resident
Non-Resident Daily Admission
Non-Resident Adults (age 16-59 years)
Youth (age 4-15 years)
|Seniors (age 60 & older)||$6|
|Ages 3 & under||FREE|
|Twilight Rate (begins at 5 PM)||1/2 price (parking is FREE)|
Non-Resident Season Beach Pass
Beach Passes are for beach use only and do not include the boat launch, boat rental, program or special event privileges. Beach Passes do not include entrance of guests. Vehicle sticker is included with Beach Pass (maximum 1 per individual pass or 2 per family pass). Beach Passes are available at the Administration Office or at Main and West Beach during summer operating hours.
Non-Resident Season Beach Pass
Non-Resident Individual Season Beach Pass
Non-Resident Family Season Beach Pass
$200 (maximum 5)
$50/ea. addtl. family member
|Non-Resident Season Beach Pass replacement||$5|
Boat Rental (paddleboat, canoe, sailboat, rowboat, kayak, stand-up paddleboard)
Boating on beautiful Crystal Lake is fun and affordable through the Park District boat rental operation at the Main Beach Boat House. Fees are on a per boat basis.
- Patrons, ages 13-17 MUST have their parent/guardian sign the Boat Rental Waiver.
- Patrons, ages 12 years old and under must be accompanied by their parent/guardian.
- Waivers are available in the forms section below
|Type of Boat||
|Stand Up Paddle Board||$10|
*To rent a sailboat, you must present a Park District sailing card, which can be obtained by taking our sailing program, or one from another reliable organization.
** Half price if rented for a minimum of 4 hours.
Sailing and Canoeing Lessons
During the summer season, the Crystal Lake Park District offers Private Sailing Lessons and Group Canoeing Lessons. Click here to view boating lesson information in the summer brochure.
Boating for Boat Owners Crystal Lake
All residents of the Crystal Lake Park District are eligible to boat on Crystal Lake. See Boat Gate Card information below. The Village of Lakewood and the City of Crystal Lake have a joint agreement for regulating and patrolling the lake. A copy of the Crystal Lake Boating and Safety Regulations as put forth by the Village of Lakewood can be found at the Village of Lakewood website.
Crystal Lake owners living on the lake may contact the Park District Administration office to arrange for a one time boat launch to put their boat in for the summer season and a one time boat launch to remove their boat at the end of the season. Contact the Administrative Office at (815) 459-0680.
2015 Boat Gate Card
Available January 5, 2015
Park District Residents Only:
If you have a 2014 Boat Gate Card, it can be reactivated. Bring your gate card, IL boat registration and IL driver's license to the Park District Administrative Office.
Fee: (for both reactivation and new cardholders)
Fee: (January 5-April 30): $70, Seniors 60 & older half price
Fee: (Beginning May 1): $80, Seniors 60 & older half price
Please note: Fee after Labor Day is half price
Park District resident boat owners must reactivate (fee above) their card each year to use the Main or West Park launch ramps.
In order to purchase/reactivate a card, you must provide all the following documents in person:
- Current Illinois driver's license
- Illinois boat registration card
- Application fee (see above for amount)
Sailboat Dry Storage
April 6-October 31
Park District Residents Only
The Park District has 18 boat stalls available for rental in the West Park dry storage compound. The compound, which is lit to provide better security, can only accommodate sailboats 16 feet or under which do not have a catamaran type hull. Only one boat can be stored in each stall.
Registration for dry storage spaces begins April 6. Stalls will be leased on a first-come, first-served basis. Sailboats can be stored beginning April 6, and must be removed from storage on or before October 31. One dry storage slip per household.
To rent a stall, you must provide the following documents in person:
•Current Illinois Driver’s License
•Illinois boat registration card
The storage fee includes a key for the compound, but does not include a key for the boat gate.
Fishing at Main and West Beach
Fishing is not allowed on boat launch piers, swim lesson piers, or in swimming area.
2015 Walk-In Fisherman Keys
Available January 5, 2015
Park District Residents Only
Fee: $20 per calendar year (proof of residency required)
The Park District offers gate keys to Park District Residents who want to fish at Main or West Park beaches before the parks open at 9 AM. Keys allow for entrance through the park's special walk-in gates. (Small portable boats are NOT allowed through the walk-in gates).
Did you know that Crystal Lake Residents can bring in guests at a discounted rate?
Just turn in a Resident Reservation Form in advance:
- Each resident family receives (4) guests at $1 each
- After the (4) guests, each additional guest is $4
- Parking is waived at Main Beach
- Picnic tables are on a first come first served basis
- You can reserve picnic tables ($10/table) in advance and have them arranged in a special location
- Main Beach Pavilion, Main Beach Band Shell and West Beach Party Room are available for rental.
- Reservation forms are available below
- Corporate Weekend Rentals and Weekday Group Rentals are also available
- 2015 reservations begin on January 12, 2015
- Refer to Main Beach Picnic Area Map when making reservations
For reservations or more information please contact Kim Buscemi at (815) 459-0680, ext. 1217 or email@example.com
General Information Grounds Map for Your Group Visit to Crystal Main Beach
- No one may enter the water without a lifeguard in the stand. Swimmers must follow lifeguard’s instructions.
- Swimmers must stay within the roped off area. Blue Buoys indicate water over 3 feet deep. Red Buoys indicate water over 5 feet deep.
- No floats allowed beyond 3 foot buoy line. Floatation devices must be inspected by staff to ensure proper type and U.S. Coast Guard approved. A limited number of floatation devices are on hand for swimmers to use.
- Athletic games or sports must be conducted in designated areas and not upon the bathing beach or in the water, where injury or inconvenience to others might result.
- No Diving allowed.
- No food or drink in the water.
- Children under the age of the age of 11 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older.
- The lake water is not suitable for drinking. It is recommended swimmers shower and towel dry after leaving the water.
- All infants must wear rubber or plastic pants. All swimmers must wear proper swimwear. No street clothes allowed.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the beach area.
- Admission to the beach may be refused to all persons suspected to have contagious diseases or infectious conditions.
- Staff has the right to restrict behavior of patrons.
- No pets allowed. Licensed service dogs are exempt.
- Do not feed the geese or other wildlife.
- Obey lightning detection system rules for shelter.
- Grill equipment and supplies must be brought in through the front gate only.
- Drop-off catering supplies must be brought in through the front gate only.
- Tents should be no larger than an EZ-Up size, 10ft by 10ft.
- Beer and wine permitted in picnic areas only.
- Glass containers are not permitted on the beach or playground.
- Use receptacles provided for trash, charcoal, and recycling.
- Crystal Lake Park District special events may restrict coolers in certain areas of the park.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or roller skates allowed beyond gates between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Swim break rest periods are scheduled for 2:15PM and 4:15PM daily for everyone’s safety. Additional rest periods may be run every hour on the hour depending on the temperature.
- No walk-in boats, paddle boards, rubber rafts (all larger boats must go through the boat launch area with a purchased boat launch key card).
- Flagpoles located at Main and West Beaches carry color-coded weather flags to inform boaters about weather conditions. To help ensure your safety, please learn the meaning of the following flag colors and make it a habit to look for them while on the lake or at the beach.
|GREEN:||Fair weather, light air, wind 1-10 m.p.h.|
|RED:||Beach Closed. KEEP OFF LAKE|
A lock-up area for bikes is provided at Main and West Beaches.
Dogs and Other Animals at Beaches
Animals are prohibited at Main Beach Park and West Beach Park (qualified service animals are exempt).
Forms can be downloaded via the links below, but registration is only accepted in person in the Administrative Office (One East Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake ). All forms are PDF
Beach Pass and Vehicle Sticker Registration Forms
please note: this form also includes the Park District Vehicle Sticker Registration Form
Beach Group Reservation Forms
Beach Page Photo Credits:
Top Header Photo: Cal Skinner
Body Photos: Chris Dowell