Barlina House Preschool
The Crystal Lake Park District Preschool program is licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services. Our main goal is to provide children opportunities to participate in activities, which help them develop socially, emotionally, and intellectually into a self-assured child. A semi-structured daily schedule includes art, literacy, music, and play activities, encouraging independence and a desire to learn.
Goals of the Barlina House Preschool Program
The Crystal Lake Park District Preschool opened in September of 1986, at Veteran Acres Park.Classes began at Barlina House in the fall of 1997. It offers a well-rounded curriculum and ongoing academics. The children in the program meet two or three times a week. Children must be toilet trained and at least three years of age prior to September 1 to participate. Our preschool is open to participants, regardless of cultural, religious, or ability differences.
Barlina House complies with the rules of the McHenry County Health Department regarding preschool centers and is licensed through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
The main goal of the program is to provide children with the opportunity to participate in activities which develop them socially, emotionally, and intellectually into a self-assured child. Activities are planned to meet the changing needs of 3 to 5 year olds with the following goals in mind:
- To help initiate an interest in learning and discovery.
- To help the preschooler develop a strong feeling of self-worth
- To help the preschooler interact with a peer group
- To help the preschooler attain self-control and self-responsibility
- To help the preschooler stimulate his creativity and imagination
Barlina House Staff
left to right
Standing: Tracey Zschernitz (Mrs. Tracey), Nicol Michalski (Mrs. Nicol), Donna MacCrindle (Mrs. Donna)
Kathy Bator (Mrs. Bator), Anita Spano (Mrs. Anita),
Cathy Kuntz (Mrs. Kuntz), Carol Grabowski (Mrs. G.)
Barlina House Halloween Fun
Information for Prospective Students
- There are limited spots still available for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year.
- View the 2016-2017 class schedule in the Summer brochure (delivery began May 4, 2016)
- Enrollment for 2016-2017 opened on January 4, 2016 (current students) and February 1, 2016 (new students).
- Call Cathy Kuntz, Barlina House Director at (815) 477-5403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability.
- Personal tours can be arranged throughout the year for prospective families
Registration Information for Prospective Students
In-Person or Mail-In:
Crystal Lake Park District Administrative Office
One East Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake IL
- Registration is in person at the Administrative Office, by mail or by fax. Call to check availability at (815) 459-0680.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee and the first month's tuition is required.
- First month's tuition is refundable if cancellation is made prior to the start of the schol year.
- A 5% diiscount is offered for the 2nd and 3rd child from the same immediate family
- To be added to a waiting list, a $25 non-refundable deposit is required for each child
- Please determine your child’s placement based on their age on September 1, 2016.
- Complete one registration form for each child and class code number.
Preschool starts Tuesday, September 6 or Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Barlina House 2016-2017 Schoool Year Registration Information
|3 Year Old Classes (must be 3 by September 7, 2016)**|
|511301-01||Tu/Th||9:00 - 11:30 am||Min 12/Max 29||
|511301-02||M/W/F||9:00 - 11:30 am||Min 6/Max 9||Downstairs|
|4 Year Old Classes (must be 4 by September 1, 2016)**|
|511301-03||Tu/Th||9-11:30 AM||Min 8/Max 20||Upstairs|
|511301-04||M/W/F||9-11:30 AM||Min 8/Max 20||Upstairs|
|511301-05*||M/W/F||9 am-Noon||Min. 8/Max 20||Lower Level|
2 1/2 Hour Class Preschool Fees:
Program Fee: 2 days/month, $170/month
Resident Discount Fee: 2 days/month, $155/month
Program Fee: 3 days/month, $215/month
Resident Discount Fee: 3 days/month, $200/month
4-Day Option for 4/5 Year Olds:
MWF morning students can add Tu or Th morning in class #511301-03 for an additional $60 per month
Extended 3 Hour Class (*code #511301-05) Preschool Fees:
Program Fee: 3 days/month, $240/month
Resident Discount Fee: 3 days/month, $225/month
Overdue Bill Policy
It is the policy of the Crystal Lake Park District that any Extended Time or Preschool account is paid monthly on the 1st of the month. Fees paid later than the 10th of the month will incur a late fee of $25 and your child is no longer eligible to attend. Preschool attendance may resume upon FULL payment of your child's bill.
Preschool Calendar 2016-2017 (Available August 2016)
Please note: 2016-2017 Barlina House Calendar will be available in August 2016
- The preschool will be open on days that D47 has early release and/or half days
- Other field trips and activities may be added during the school year. Announcements for all activities are sent home during the school year and are also listed on the newsletter calendars.