Main Beach Swim Area
300 Lakeshore Dr, Crystal Lake
2023 MAIN BEACH PRE-SEASON Sat, May 27-Mon, May 29 9 am-Dusk Tu, May 30-Fri, Jun 2 Noon-Dusk 2023 MAIN BEACH REGULAR SEASON (7 days/week) Jun 3-Aug 10 9 am-Dusk 2023 MAIN BEACH POST SEASON (weekends only) Sat, Aug 12-Sun, Aug 13 9 am-5 pm Sat, Aug 19-Sun, Aug 20 9 am-5 pm Sat, Aug 26-Sun, Aug 27 9 am-5 pm Sat, Sep 2-Mon, Sep 4 9 am-5 pm West Beach Swim Area
2330 Lake Ave, Crystal Lake
2023 WEST BEACH REGULAR SEASON Sat, Jun 3-Fri, Aug 11 (7 days/week) 11 am-7 pmPlease note: A valid photo ID with a Crystal Lake Park District address or current utility bill is required to receive Resident Daily Admission rates for Crystal Lake Park District Residents.
CHILDREN (AGES 3 & UNDER)
FREEYOUTH (AGES 4-15 YRS)
$9ADULT (AGES 16-59)
$12 SENIORS (AGES 60 & OVER) FREE $9 RESIDENT GUESTS $4 NA
TWILIGHT RATE (BEGINS AT 5 PM)
1/2 PRICE ADMISSION PARKING FREE FREE
Beach Passes are available at Main Beach or the Administration Office, 1 E. Crystal Lake Avenue, Crystal Lake during summer operating hours. Beach Passes are for beach use only and do not include the boat launch, boat rental, program or special event privileges. Beach Passes do not include entrance of guests.
Please note: A valid photo ID with a Crystal Lake Park District address or current utility bill is required to receive Resident Beach Pass rates for Crystal Lake Park District Residents. Seniors (60 yrs & older) and Children (3 yrs & under) are free and do not require a pass
2023 Season Beach Pass
Adult (Ages 16-59)
Youth (Ages 4-15)
Seniors (Ages 60+)
Children (Ages 3 & Under)
Season Beach Pass replacement
-Air Temperature is below 68
-Lightning or heavy rain
-Low in-water attendance
-Safety considerations, including high bacteria number (determined by McHenry County Health Department)
What's happening with the lake
You may also notice that after heavy rainfall, the beaches may be put on "Swim Advisory." The water is OK to swim in, but swimmers should be aware bacterial quality levels could be elevated. We are in constant communication with the McHenry County Health Department to ensure we are communicating with swimmers.
When the water is deemed unsuitable for swimming, the beach will be closed. The water will then be re-tested everyday by the Health Department until we can reopen.Stay up-to-date on beach closures by subscribing to our Rainout Line.
BEACH CLOSING UPDATES
View and/or register for Main & West Beach weather and water condition related closures on Rainoutline.
View beach updates from McHenry County Department of Health.
WEST BEACH is listed as WEST PARK BEACH
MAIN BEACH is listed as LAKE PARK BEACH
A lock-up area for bikes is provided at Main and West Beaches. Bikes are not allowed inside the parks/beaches.
Dogs and Other Animals at Beaches
Animals are prohibited at Main Beach Park and West Beach Park (qualified service animals are exempt.)
Handicapped Beach Wheelchair
A handicapped beach wheelchair is available at Main Beach. Please contact the Main Beach Office (815.477.5404) for further information.
Reservations and Group Outings
For questions regarding Beach Group Reservations, please contact Stephanie at email@example.com
group reservations at Main or west beach
please note: there is no minimum reservation number for Residents. The reservation minimum below is for Non-Residents.
Main Beach: Min guarantee: 25 people Max: 400 people
West Beach: Min guarantee: 25 people Max: 50 people
Please note: A valid photo ID with a Crystal Lake Park District address or current utility bill is required to receive Resident rates for Crystal Lake Park District Residents.
Resident Admission: $1/person. Each non-resident guest is $4 (children under 3 years and adults over 60 years are free)
Non-Resident Admission or Corporate Group Admission: $8/person. Each resident guest is $1 (children under 3 years and adults over 60 years are free). Proof of residency is required.
Reserved Picnic Tables: $10 each; random picnic tables are on a first-come, first-served basis
Area 6 Reservation: $60 includes 4 permanent picnic tables and covered area adjacent to playground
Additional Amenities: Notice required at least one week in advance
Tents brought into beach: 10x10 or smaller pop up tents - no charge
Field Trips-Weekdays at Main or west beach
Res Rate: $1 per person (minimum 12 people)
Non-Res Rate: $6 per person (minimum 12 people)
Field Trip Reservation Form required.
Please note: picnic table reservations not accepted Tuesday evenings, holidays and special events.
MAIN BEACH PAVILION & BAND SHELL
Guests may rent the Main Beach Pavilion or Band Shell for their special occasions. The Pavilion features 72" round tables, air temperature control, wood floors and LED light display. The band shell, nestled among the big oak shade trees on the north end of the park, provides the perfect backdrop for your event.
swim area Rules
1. No one may enter the water without a lifeguard in the stand. Swimmers must follow the lifeguard's instructions.
2. Swimmers must stay within the roped off area. Red Buoys indicate water over 3 feet deep. Blue Buoys indicate water over 5 feet deep.
3. Main Beach - No floats allowed beyond 3 foot buoy line. West Beach - No floats allowed beyond 3 foot buoy line for anyone under 21. Adults 21 & over, no floats allowed beyond the 5 foot buoy line. Floatation devices must be inspected by staff to ensure proper type and U.S. Coast Guard approved. Personal floatation devices are on hand for swimmers to use.
4. Patrons are to conduct themselves on the beach and in the water in such a manner as to not jeopardize the safety of him/herself or others.
5. No diving allowed.
6. No food or drink in the water.
7. No smoking or vaping in the park or on the beach.
8. Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older.
9. The lake water is not suitable for drinking. It is recommended swimmers shower and towel dry after leaving the water.
10. All infants must wear rubber or plastic pants. All swimmers must wear proper swimwear. No street clothes allowed.
11. Persons under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the park.
12. Admission to the beach may be refused to all persons suspected to have contagious diseases or infectious conditions.
13. Staff has the authority to implement and enforce rules that are stringent or that supplement those listed here.
14. No pets allowed. Licensed service animals are exempt.
15. Do not feed the geese or other wildlife.
16. Obey lightning detection system rules for shelter.
17. Grill equipment and supplies must be brought in through the front gate only. Only charcoal grills will be permitted.
18. Drop-off catering supplies must be brought in through the front gate only.
19. Tents should be no larger than an EZ-Up size, 10ft by 10ft.
20. Beer and wine permitted in picnic areas only.
21. Glass containers are not permitted on the beach or playground.
22. Use receptacles provided for trash, charcoal, and recycling.
23. Crystal Lake Park District special events may restrict coolers/alcohol in the park.
24. No riding of bicycles, skateboards, or roller skates allowed in the park Memorial Day-Labor Day.
25. In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
26. Swim break rest periods are scheduled twice daily for everyone's safety. Additional rest periods may be run every hour on the hour depending on attendance and temperature.
27. All watercraft must go through the boat launch area with a purchased boat gate access key fob.
28. Flagpoles located at Main and West Beaches carry color-coded weather flags. To help ensure your safety, please learn the meaning of the following flag colors and make it a habit to look for them while on the lake or at the beach.
RED: Beach Closed. KEEP OFF THE LAKE
GREEN: Fair weather, light air, and wind 1-10 mph